$15.99 - $
Rating: No Rating
Purchased: 0 Times
MGT 521 Week 1 Complete -
DQ1. Chapter 1 of Management describes Mintzberg’s 1973 findings regarding the roles of managers, defining them as interpersonal, informational, or decisional. Which of these roles is the most critical to a manager in your current situation or workplace? Why?
DQ2. The four functions of management model has been criticized as being irrelevant to today’s managers. Do you agree or disagree with the critics who question the relevance of this model? Explain your answer and support your position.
DQ3. Sustainability has become a major issue for managers as consumer demand for more Earth-friendly practices continues to grow. What factors should a manager in your business consider as he or she worked to transition the practices within the business to become more sustainable? How would this change that manager’s job?
DQ4. How can the idea of the universality of management benefit you in your current job or position? How can it help you prepare for the job or position you hope to obtain within the next 5 to 10 years?
Post a short summary of what you have learned this week.
Individual Assignment - Personal Professional Development Plan Activity: Part 1 & 2
By completing the My Career Plan activities in this course, you are taking some of the first steps to creating a career plan that will help you reach your career goals.
Navigate to My Career Plan in Phoenix Career Services.
Complete the Career Interests Profiler and the Career Plan Building Activity: Competencies in My Career Plan.
- You may have already completed the Career Interests Profiler during enrollment. Your results will be saved if this is the case.
- You must complete both the Career Interests Profiler and the Career Plan Building Activity: Competencies. You may access your results at any time in My Career Plan.
Submit screen shots of your Career Interest Profiler and Competencies results.
- Press Print Screen on your keyboard to create a screenshot.
- Open a new document in Microsoft® Word.
- Press Ctrl + V on your keyboard to paste the screenshot into the document.
- Save the document on your computer as Career Competencies.
Complete Parts 1 & 2 of the Personal Professional Development Activity: in the Microsoft® Excel worksheet.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.