$8.99 - $
Purchased: 32 Times
OPS 571 Week 1 Quiz -
1. Poka-yoke is a Japanese term for a procedure that blocks an inevitable mistake from becoming what?
- An unidentifiable waste
- A service defect
- A new process design flaw
- A reason for overproduction
2. For which key organizational functions are tasks and responsibilities identified for all the steps of the generic product development process?
- marketing, operations, training, development
- marketing, design, manufacturing, other
- strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats
- operations, quality, personnel, finance
3. A service process design flowchart is referred to as a service blueprint to emphasize what?
- The importance of process design
- The impact of customer service
- The impact of blueprints
- The importance of system engineering
4. Even though they use different models, both the Ritz Carlton Hotel Group and Nordstrom Department Stores are known for what?
- The personal attention they provide their customers
- A self-service approach to customer service
- Customer facing employees who only talk to rich customers
- Poor customer service
5. According to the Service System Design Matrix, sales opportunity has what sort of relationship to production efficiency?
- Direct Relationship
- Equal Relationship
- Inverse Relationship
- No Relationship
6. Which of the following is a good example of a continuous process layout?
- A sit down restaurant
- An automobile manufacturing plant
- A home construction site
- A gas refinery
7. If an automotive service center has an issue with a car not being clean when returned to a customer, the pokayoke corrective action might include what?
- Leaving the plastic on the seat when returning the car to the customer.
- Leaving it up to the service tech who took care of the repair to determine if the car is clean
- An inspection by the person returning the car before the car is seen by the customer.
- Letting the customer make this determination
8. Why is the planning phase often referred to as Phase 0 (Zero) of the generic product development process?
- This phase is not necessary.
- This phase is not completed until after the project has been funded.
- This phase happens before the project is approved.
- This phase requires $0 to complete.
9. Using a project layout for building an aircraft, why would you want to place rivets close to or even in the fuselage?
- Rivets are small and you don’t want to lose them
- Rivets should actually be placed farthest away from the fuselage.
- Rivets are used consistently throughout the construction process
- Rivets are used one time only in the construction process
10. Why do many customers like the self-service approach to service design?
- It provides the customer with the greatest amount of personal service.
- It puts the customer in control
- The customer is always right in this type of system.
- It gives the customer more opportunity to steal from a company
11. What happens to production efficiency as the customer exerts more influence on the system?
- Production efficiency is decreased
- Production efficiency is increased
- There is no effect on production efficiency
- Production efficiency is eliminated
12. Permeable systems are characterized by being penetrable by customers via what two forms of contact?
- Phone and face to face contact
- Face to face and internet contact
- Internet and mail contact
- Internet and phone contact
13. What is a company trying to optimize in the most common approach to developing a work center layout?
- Movement of material
- Number of defects
- Amount of required staff
- Work shift hours
14. Some may argue that the production line approach may not treat the process as a service process, but as what type of process?
- A marketing approach
- A quality approach
- An operational approach
- A manufacturing approach
15. Why would a company want to supply a product to preferred customers during product ramp up?
- Test the shipping process
- Identify any remaining flaws
- Get choice shelf positioning
- Help develop a marketing plan